Tuesday, July 29, 2014

French Toast


Ingredients:
3 eggs
3-4 slices of bread
2 tablespoons of milk
Olive oil
Knob of butter

Method:
Put the eggs and the milk into a wide bottomed bowl (so as you can dip the bread easily when you are ready for cooking) and whisk them lightly. Add pepper to taste. I never add salt to the recipe.

You must have a non-stick pan so as to avoid the French toast sticking. Heat the pan and add a small splash of olive oil.

Soak the bread in your egg mixture and place onto the pan. Turn the heat down and flip the French toast - cooking for about 2-3 minutes on each side.

The French toast should be crisp and firm.

For adults I cut the bread into halves and arrange on a plate. Serve with a knob of butter. It can also be served with ketchup or honey or anything you like! A really yummy treat is to spread a little chocolate spread on top.

For the kids, I cut the bread with a ginger bread man cookie cutter before I put it onto the pan. 




I serve it with a knob of a butter and a glass of juice and it makes for the perfect breakfast, brunch or lunch.

For a more substantial lunch, I add some beans......


Brenda










No comments:

Post a Comment